Monday, July 26, 2010
The next process for the implementation of the scheme is to get approval from PFRDA. Thereafter the scheme should be notified. Option will be called for among the existing GDS comrades whether he is willing to switch over to the new Annuity scheme or to continue in the present severance amount scheme.
The modalities and the real benefits of the proposed annuity scheme are not made known to us. We should also study the scheme and see the advantages before severing the severance amount scheme. As per the present position, the normal process for the implementation of the scheme will take another three to four months minimum.
A portion of the subscription is credited to Insurance Fund and the other portion to the Savings Fund in the ratio of 3:7. The Savings Fund will earn interest at the prescribed rate to be compounded quarterly.
Monthly subscription, life insurance sum assured and Maturity amount applicable for different cadres are as follows
Employee Contribution Insurance
Cadre per month (Rs.) Cover Rs.
A 120 1,20,000
B 60 60,000
C 30 30,000
D 15 15,000
Features of this Scheme:
• On Resignation/Retirement: -
Amount of subscription credited to the Savings Fund along with interest thereon will be paid to the employee.
• On Death:
Amount of insurance cover of the group to which he belongs on the date of death and the accumulation in Savings Fund will be paid to his nominee/heirs.
• If an employee dies before he was enrolled as a member (i.e. between the date of his joining service and the following 1st January), only the insurance amount will be paid to the nominee/heirs.
• Employee can assign the insurance cover and accumulation in the savings fund to a recognized financial institution, for obtaining housing loans. However, no loans/advance or withdrawals are permitted from Insurance Fund/Savings Fund.
• The amount of subscription is eligible for Income Tax Rebate u/s 88 of IT Act.
The maximum sum assured in the event of death in this scheme is Rs.1,20,000. Remember, this amount is applicable for Group A Officers only. Group B, C and D Officers are entitled for a sum assured to the extent of Rs.60,000, 30,000, and Rs. 15,000 respectively.
Can we stoutly say our life is sufficiently covered under CGEGIS with this meager insurance amount? One of the basic personal finance principles as far as Insurance concerned is under-insurance at times leaves no trace of insurance when it fails to serve the purpose for what it was effected. This is because insurance on Human Life should be sought keeping in mind, the financial loss that the family would suffer in the absence of insured person.
One might ask why Central Government Employees should depend on Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) when he is not barred from insuring his life on his own by opting for insurance policies offered by LIC or other private Insurance Companies.
But, wise men would always advocate in favour of Group Insurance only because of the advantages of getting insured as a group. Especially, Group insurance plans have low premiums. Such plans are particularly beneficial to those for whom other regular policies are a costlier proposition.
Moreover, Group Insurance Premiums are based on head count of the group insured. Obviously, when the group sought to be insured is having more number of employees premium collected per employee would get substantially reduced.
The real advantage of Group Insurance that More Insurance Cover a lesser premium can be enjoyed by the employees if Government reviews the existing CGEGIS and makes some small changes such as providing enhanced Insurance cover after reasonably increasing the premium per head.
To commensurate with the present inflationary trend, a reasonable minimum Insurance cover under CGEGIS has to be fixed, say Rs.5 lakhs.
From the employees side, justifiable increase in the premium by the government for providing adequate insurance cover should readily be accepted as the premium we pay for the existing Group Insurance is very negligible. Government can not provide a decent insurance cover with the such a small premium we pay now.
Under the existing CGEGIS the premium is Rs.10 per month for Rs.10, 000 sum assured. This rate is more or less equivalent to the rate of premium for the sum assured pertaining to Group Savings Linked Insurance Scheme offered by LIC of India. But the major difference is Life Insurance cover offered by LIC under this Group Insurance Scheme is considerably higher. Hence, the Group Insurance offered by LIC could be taken as a benchmark for revising CGEGIS.
To conclude, there is an immediate need in revising CGEGIS to provide for more insurance cover as the existing scheme was devised almost 30 years back after which three pay commissions were formed by Government for revision of salary and allowances.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
Ex-gratia lump sum compensation ceiling is removed to the families of deceased Central Government Employees
The Central Government has announced today that there is no ceiling for grant of ex-gratia lump sum compensation to the families of deceased Central Government Employees. There is a good move by the Government to their employees that the restriction of ceiling for the compensatin of Rs.20 lakhs(each individual) is removed.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
3rd, Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-II0 003
Dated the 12thJuly, 2010
OFFICE MEMORANDUM Subject: Implementation of the Government's decision on the recommendation of the Sixth CPC-Revision of provisions regulating special benefits in the cases of Death and Disability in service - payment of ex-gratia lump sum compensation to families of central Govt.employees - modification - regarding - The undersigned is directed to say that in this Department's Office Memorandum of even number dated 16thMarch, 2009, it was provided that ex-gratia lump sum compensation to the families of deceased Government servants including from sundry Government sources, such as the Prime Minister's Relief Fund, Chief Minister's Relief Fund, etc. should not exceed the aggregate of Rs. 20 lakhs in each individual case. Para 12 of Annexe to this Department's OM 45/55/97-P&PW(C) dated 11th September, 1998 was modified to that extent.2. The matter has been further reviewed and it has now been decided that there will be no ceiling for grant of ex-gratia lump sum compensation in terms of Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare's OM No. OM 45/55/97-P&PW(C) dated 11thSeptember, 1998 read with OM NO.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 2nd September, 2008 and OM No.45/7/2008-P&PW (F) dated 16th March, 2009. 3. The above revised provision will be effective from 1.1.2006. 4. All other terms and conditions in the O.M. dated 11th September, 1998 shall remain unchanged.5. This issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure U.O. No. 361/EV/2010 dated 4th June, 20106. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
(Tripti P Ghosh)
Government extended the life of National Anomaly Committee up to 31.03.2011
The DOPT has issued orders extending the life of the National Anomaly committee up to 31st March 2011- The expected meeting of the national anomaly committee did not take place in the month of June 2010 - Many issues are pending and our readers may remember that the Official Side assured final decision on some issues before the next meeting of the Anomaly Committee - In this background the DOPT has issued the under mentioned orders for extending the life of the National Anomaly Committee:
No.11/2/2008-JCAGovernment of IndiaMinistry of Personnel,
PG & PensionsDepartment of Personnel & Training******
New Delhi, the 1st July, 2010
Subject: Extension in the tenure of the National Anomaly Committee
The undersigned is directed to refer to para 5 of this Department’s O.M. of even number dated the 12th January, 2009 regarding setting up of Anomaly Committee to settle the anomalies arising out of the implementation of the Sixth Central Pay Commission’s recommendations and to state that it has been decided with the approval of the competent authority to extend the tenure of the National Anomaly Committee up to 31st March, 2011.
The Secretary, Posts had taken a meeting with staff side on 12.07.2010 to discuss the charter of demands at 11 am and the following are the outcome on the charter of demands.
1. There will be no closure of single handed post offices.
2. The demand of the staff side that the annual increments to the erstwhile GDS SPMs should be continued will be considered positively.
3. There is no policy decision of the department to outsource any of the postal services.
4. A separate meeting will be held on 15.07.2010 to discuss about the Mckinsey and the object of restructuring the services.
5. Another separate meeting with the staff side will be held about the technology proposals shortly to discuss the future expansion of technology.
6. There will be no violation of earlier agreement on status quo of RMS & MMS with 10000 mails. Any violation if brought to the Directorate’s notice it will be set aside.
7. The Departmental council & periodical meetings will be held regularly hereafter. Next meeting will be held in next month August 2010.
8. The demand of higher pay to TBOP &BCR for the earlier period will be considered along with the cadre review proposals.
9. There will be no harassment in Project Arrow offices. Furnishing wrong data’s and showing as delivered or redirected will not be allowed hereafter.
10. The demand of the staff side to assess the vacancies as per establishment strength and actual strength in all cadres will be considered and all Chief PMGs will be addressed and appraised to fill up all the vacant posts forthwith during video conferences personally by the Secretary (P).
11. A committee consisting four staff side representatives with DDG(P) & DDG (Est) will be constituted and the process of the proposals of cadre review for all cadres will be completed before the end of 2010.
12. Separate discussions will be made on the proposal of creation of Postmasters cadre also.
13. The welfare schemes to GDS like grant of pension, medical, the proposals were already cleared by the Postal Board and submitted to nodal ministries for approval. It will be expedited.
14. It was assured to reconsider the norms for cash handling to BPMs and also fix fresh norms to RPLI and NREGIS scheme shortly.
15. The proposal for higher pay to Driver with Grade pay of 2400 has been sent to the Ministry of Finance.
16. The revision of O.S.A rates will be made within one month.
17. Technology training to workshop staff will be provided.
18. The proposals for the grant of minimum pay as per the Sixth CPC to casual labourers have been submitted to Ministry of Finance for approval. It will be expedited. The demand of the staff side to grant revised GDS pay to GDS substitutes will be considered.
19. The issues related to postmen norms, delivery, beat etc will be discussed shortly and final decision will be taken before the end of October 2010. One committee will be constituted to sort out the issues.
20. The plea of the staff side to ignore benchmark for MACP has been accepted and the Secretary told the DDG to cause orders today itself. Another request to ignore the earlier declining of LSG promotions prior to the receipt of MACP orders will also be considered.
21. The proposal of the staff side to create System assistant instead of System administrator will be considered along with the cadre review proposals. The orders relating to road mileage allowance will be released shortly. The distribution of work & responsibility etc will be looked into along with the cadre review proposals.
22. The Recruitment Rules for Multi tasked staff will be finalized shortly. Our request to finalise the rules with no educational qualifications as if available to erstwhile Group D has been accepted.
23 The issues relating to Postal accounts like filling up of posts, amalgamation of Group C etc will be discussed further with DDG (PAF).
24. The suggestions of the Admin union about centralization of PLI claim at RO & CO will be considered. Further a separate meeting will be organized with their union to discuss about their issues.
25. Clarificatory orders will be issued soon providing officiating pay to the officials holding higher posts like HSG II & HSG I.
26. The issues of the postal Civil wing will be discussed separately.
After the meeting, the JCA met and decided to defer the proposed strike duly considering the positive approach of the Secretary in settlement of our genuine demands.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
ಇದುವರೆವಿಗೂ ಎನ್.ಎಫ್.ಪಿ.ಇ ಸಂಘದ ಸೆಕ್ರೆಟರಿ ಜನರಲ್ ಆಗಿ ಸೇವೆ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿದ್ದ ಹಾಗು ಗ್ರೂಪ್ ಸಿ ಸಂಘದಲ್ಲೂ ಅನೇಕ ಹುದ್ದೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಸೇವೆ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿದ್ದ ಕಾಂ. ಕೆ. ರಾಘವೇ೦ದ್ರನ್ ದಿನಾಂಕ ೩೦.೦೬.೨೦೧೦ ರಿಂದ ಸೇವೆಯಿಂದ ನಿವೃತ್ತರಾಗಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಇವರ ನಿವ್ರತ್ತ ಜೀವನ ಸುಖ, ಶಾಂತಿ, ನೆಮ್ಮದಿಯಿಂದ ಕೂಡಿರಲಿ ಎಂದು ಶಿವಮೊಗ್ಗ ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಹಾರೈಸುತ್ತದೆ.
೧.ಮೆಕೆನ್ಸೆ ಸಲಹೆಮೇರೆಗೆ ಕೈಗೊಳ್ಳುತ್ತಿರುವ ಸಿ ದರ್ಜೆ ಅ೦ಚೆ ಕಚೇರಿಗಳ ಮುಚ್ಚುವಿಕೆ, GDSSO ಮತ್ತು GDSBO ಗಳ ಮೇಲಿನ closure/down gradation ನಿಲ್ಲಿಸಬೇಕು.ಮತ್ತು Speed post ಸೇವೆಗಳನ್ನು ಖಾಸಗೀಕರನಗೊಳಿಸುವುದನ್ನು ನಿಲ್ಲಿಸಬೇಕು.
೨.RMS ಗಳನ್ನು ಮುಚ್ಚಿ ಅದನ್ನು ಅ೦ಚೆ ಕಚೇರಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಸೇರಿಸುವ ನಿರ್ದಾರವನ್ನು ಈ ಹಿ೦ದಿನ 30.11.2009 ರ agreement ಪ್ರಕಾರವೇ ಆಚರಣೆಗೆ ತರುವುದು.
೩. ಜೆ.ಸಿ.ಎಮ್ ಸಭೆ ಗಳನ್ನು ಕಾಲಕಾಲಕ್ಕೆ ಸರಿಯಾಗಿ ಸೆಡೆಸುವುದು. 01.01.1996 ರಲ್ಲಿದ್ದ೦ತೆ ಟೆಲಿಕಾಮ್ ಮತ್ತು ಪೋಸ್ಟಲ್ ನ TBOP/BCR ವೇತನದ ವ್ಯತ್ಯಾಸವನ್ನು ತೆಗೆದುಹಾಕಲು ಆಡಳಿತ ನ್ಯಾಯ ಪ೦ಚಾಯ್ತಿ (Board of arbitration) ಗೆ ಕಳುಹಿಸುವುದು. GDS committee ಸಭೆಗಳನ್ನು ಕೂಡಲೇ ಕರೆಯುವುದು.
೪. ಪ್ರಾಜೆಕ್ಟ್ ಆರೋ ನೆಪದಲ್ಲಿ ನೌಕರರ ಶೋಷಣೆ ನಿಲ್ಲಬೇಕು. ಬಾನುವಾರ, ರಜಾದಿನಗಳ Training ಪದ್ದತಿ, 8 ಗ೦ಟೆಗಳಿಗಿ೦ತ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಕೆಲಸದ ಹೊರೆ ನಿಲ್ಲಿಸುವುದು, 100% Delivery ವಿಚಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ಈಗ ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮನ್ ನೌಕರರಿಗೆ ಆಗುತ್ತಿರುವ ಶೋಷಣೆ ನಿಲ್ಲಬೇಕು ಮತ್ತು ಈ ಸ೦ದರ್ಭದಲ್ಲಿ ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮನ್ ನೌಕರರಿಗೆ ಈಗಾಗಲೇ ಸಣ್ಣ ಪುಟ್ಟ ವಿತರಣೆ ಕಾರಣದ ನೆಪವೊಡ್ಡಿ ನೀಡಲಾದ charge sheet ಗಳನ್ನು ವಾಪಾಸ್ ಪಡೆಯುವುದು.
೫. ಖಾಲಿ ಇರುವ ಎಲ್ಲ ಹುದ್ದೆಗಳನ್ನು -PA/SA, Postmen, Gr D ಹುದ್ದೆಗಲನ್ನು ತು೦ಬುವಾಗ ಕೆಲವೊ೦ದು ವಲಯಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಈ ಹಿ೦ದೆ ಆದ ತಪ್ಪುಗಳನ್ನು ಸರಿಪಡಿಸಿ ತು೦ಬಬೇಕು.
೬. Cadre Restructuring ನ್ನು PA/SA cadreಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಮತ್ತು SBCO ಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾಡುವ ತನಕ ಏಕಪಕ್ಷೀಯವಾಗಿ Postmaster cadre Restructuring ಆದೇಶವನ್ನು ಹಿ೦ಪಡೆಯಬೇಕು ಮತ್ತು Postmen/Mail guard/Multi skilled staff ನೌಕರರ Cadre Restructuringನ್ನು ಈ ಕೂದಲೇ ಕೈಗೊಳ್ಳಬೇಕು.
೭ GDS ನೌಕರರಿಗೆ ಪಿ೦ಚಣಿ ಜೊತೆಗೆ ಇಲಾಖಾನೌಕರರಿಗಿರುವ HRA/CCA, ACP ಸೌಲಭ್ಯವನ್ನು ನೀಡಬೇಕು.
ಬೋನಸ್ ನೀಡುವಲ್ಲಿನ ತಾರತಮ್ಯ ವನ್ನು ತೆಗೆದು ಹಾಕಬೇಕು.
20000/-ರೂ ಗಳಿಗೆ 1 ಪಾಯಿ೦ಟ್ ಪದ್ದತಿ ಕೈಬಿಡಬೇಕು.
ಗ್ರಾಚ್ಯುಟಿ ಮತ್ತು ವಿಚ್ಚೇದನಾ ಭತ್ಯೆ ಯನ್ನು 01.01.2006ರಿ೦ದಲೇ ಜಾರಿಗೊಳಿಸಬೇಕು.
GDS BPM ಗಳ ಹೊಸ ವೇತನ ನಿಗಧಿಗೊಳಿಸುವಾಗ ಕೆಲಸದ ಹೊರೆಯನ್ನು 01.01.2006 ರಿ೦ದಲೇ ಲೆಕ್ಕಕ್ಕೆ ತೆಗೆದುಕೊ೦ಡು ವೇತನ ನಿಗದಿ ಮಾಡಬೇಕು.
೮. 01.01.2006 ರಿ೦ದಲೇ ವೇತನ ಆಯೋಗದ ಶಿಪಾರಸ್ಸಿನ೦ತೆ ಎಲ್ಲ casual labourers, contengent staff, GDS substitute ಗಳಿಗೆ ಹೊಸ ವೇತನ ನಿಗಧಿ ಮಾಡಬೇಕು.(ಈ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಈಗಾಗಲೇ ಸರ್ವೊಚ್ಚ ನ್ಯಾಯಾಲಯವೂ ಕೂಡ ಆದೇಶ ಜಾರಿಮಾಡಿದೆ)
೯. MACP ನೀಡುವಲ್ಲಿ ಇರುವ ತಾರತಮ್ಯ ವನ್ನು ತೆಗೆದು ಹಾಕಬೇಕು. ರೈಲ್ವೆ ಇಲಾಖೆಯಲ್ಲಿ "Average" ಎ೦ಬ "bench mark" ಇದ್ದ ನೌಕರರಿಗೆ MACP ನೀಡಲಾಗಿದ್ದು ಅ೦ಚೆ ಇಲಾಖೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ವಿರುದ್ದ ನೀತಿಯನ್ನು ಅನುಸರಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ.
೧೦.System Administrator cadre ಎ೦ಬ ಹೊಸ Cadre ರೂಪಿಸಬೇಕು ಮತ್ತು ಈಗಿರುವ ಎಲ್ಲ System Administrators ಗಳನ್ನು ಆ Cadre ನಲ್ಲಿ ಸೇರಿಸಬೇಕು ಅವರಿಗೆ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ವೇತನ ಶ್ರೇಣಿ, ಕೆಲಸದ ಅವಧಿ, ಪ್ರತ್ಯೇಕ Lap tap, ನೀಡಬೇಕು. ಅವರ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಕೆಲಸಕ್ಕೆ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಹಣಕಾಸು ಪರಿಹಾರ ನೀಡಬೇಕು.
೧೧. GDS ನೌಕರರಿಗೆ Postmen/Gr D ಭಡ್ತಿಗೆ ಹಾಕಲಾಗಿರುವ ವಿದ್ಯಾರ್ಹತೆ ನಿಬ೦ದನೆ ಯನ್ನು ರದ್ದುಗೊಳಿಸಿ ಖಾಲಿಯಿರುವ ಎಲ್ಲ Multi skilled Staff ಹುದ್ದೆಯನ್ನು ತು೦ಬಬೇಕು.
ಇವೇ ಮು೦ತಾದ ಅತಿ ಕನಿಷ್ಟ ಬೇಡಿಕೆಗಳ ಈಡೇರಿಕೆಗಾಗಿ ಅ೦ಚೆ ಇಲಾಖೆಯ ಎಲ್ಲ ಸ೦ಘಗಳೂ ಸೇರಿ ಈ ಮುಷ್ಕರದ ಕರೆ ನೀಡಿವೆ. ಈ ಮುಷ್ಕರ ನಮ್ಮ ಇಲಾಖೆಯ ಮತ್ತು ನಮ್ಮ ಅಳಿವು-ಉಳಿವಿನ ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ. ಇದರಲ್ಲಿ ಯಾವುದೇ ಅನ್ಯತಾ ಯೋಚಿಸದೆ ಎ೦ದಿನ೦ತೆ ಮುಷ್ಕರದಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾಗವಹಿಸಿ.
ಅ೦ತಿಮ ಜಯ ನಮ್ಮದೇ.