Wednesday, February 29, 2012
The FAST was commenced at 1030 am and was well attended by committed comrades about 140 members. Red salute to all of them and those who were instrumental for the success.
GIST OF DISCUSSION:
1. Contributory negligence and harassment of staff: After a long discussion it was assured by the CPMG that there shall not be any miscarriage of justice and appeals/petitions will be considered objectively and justifiably. It was reiterated that any discussion on disciplinary matter would be in contravention of rules.
2. Transfer policy: Instructions to allow transfers within Bangalore will be issued. Madam asserted that she is very liberal in her approach to consider cases of transfers and it was assured that Request register is being maintained at circle level correctly and assured to adhere to the instructions on the subject. On other issues it is decided to get response of the administration in black and white.
3. Compassionate appointment to GDS wards: It was agreed to defer the any such move till directorate instructions are received. We too have to bring pressure at CHQ level to expedite it.
4. Transfer of GDS: We have given several examples where sympathetic approach is emphasized, we advanced our argument that it is for the convenience of both staff and the administration that the official side to appreciate.
5. ROMC Bills: The adminstration claims that it is liberal in approach but officials are again asked to re-represent with facts for a re-look.
6. MACP denial: Asked to have discussion with DPS concerned on MACP cases initially and it was agreed
to do so.
7. CASUAL LABOUR: Our views are being looked into. Details of officials reinstated by CAT has been sought for and remedial action will be taken.
8. GPO mails and sorting Branch: Will be examined.
9.Harassment of delivery staff, postmen, speedpost GDS/postmen etc., Adhar related articles pressure etc: A detailed discussion was held in this regard where in it was assured to have discussion with both the DPS for a solution and necessary action. However it was conveyed by us that we are very serious at the work spot for prompt, systematic and efficient delivery of articles in time.
10. CBS work: Sought written communication.
Overall discussion was held in a congenial atmosphere and so it was decided to call off the agitation for the present. Shortly an extended meeting of the unions will be held jointly for review and action.
Ms.Hilda Abraham, CPMG and Sri.N.T.Gange, APMG from official side and Com.S.S.Manjunath, Com.V.Purushottam, Com.K.C. Annappa circle secretaries, Com. R.Seethalakshmi, Com.Chandraswamy, Com.M.S.B.R.Sindhya have represented from staff side.
OUR REVOLUTIONARY GREETINGS TO ALL WHO HAVE ASSURED IMMEDIATE SUPPORT EAGERNESS TO JUMP INTO ACTION EVEN WITH SHORT NOTICE.
HATS OFF TO YOU COMRADES FOR SUCH A CONFIDENCE AND MILITANCY WITHOUT WHICH WE WOULD NOT DARED TO RESORT TO EXTREME ACTION!
LONG LIVE WORKERS' UNITY, NFPE ZINDABAD, AIPEDEU ZINDABAD.
Sources close to the DOP&T informed that the issue of granting one increment to the government servants, whose increment date falls between February 2006 and June 2006, has been forwarded to Finance Ministry for its approval. According to the sources, the Finance Ministry gave its approval to this proposal as agreed by the Government in the National Anomaly Committee.
The Federations representing National Anomaly Committee approached the Government to issue the order very soon, since the decision of granting one increment to the govt servants was taken in the National Anomaly Committee on 5th January 2012. It is believed that the federations were informed that due to the ongoing Elections for state assemblies in some states, issuing order is delayed. As per the Election Schedule the elections for state assemblies for 5 States are commenced on 28-1-2012, and the 6th phase of U.P and Goa State assembly elections will be completed by 03-03-2012. So, keeping in view of the above, we can expect that the order for Granting one increment to the Central Government Employees may be issued in the first week of March 2012.
According to the decision which is agreed by government in National Anomaly Committee, the govt servants will be granted one increment in the pre revised 5 CPC scale on 01-01-2006, and then it will be multiplied by 1.86 and the pay in the Pay Band in the 6 CPC will be fixed accordingly.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
ಶಿವಮೊಗ್ಗ ವಿಭಾಗದಲ್ಲಿ ಎಂದಿನಂತೆ ಮುಷ್ಕರದಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾಗವಹಿಸಿ ಯಶಸ್ವಿಗೊಳಿಸಿದ ಎಲ್ಲ ನೌಕರ ಬಂದುಗಳಿಗೆ ನಮ್ಮ ಕೃತಜ್ಞತೆಗಳು.
Friday, February 24, 2012
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES’ UNION POSTMEN & GR.‘D’
ALL INDIA POSTAL EXTRA DEPTL. EMPLOYEES’ UNION
Karnataka Circle, No.33,P&T Quarters, Rajajinagar
Ref:CC/NFPE /2012 Date: 22.02.2012
The Chief Postmaster General,
Sub: Demand for immediate settlement by democratic means – NOTICE OF AGITATION
Ref: The joint letter of even No. dated 16.02.2012.
It is highly deplorable that the joint letter, cited above, is not even acknowledged by the administration which shows its attitude towards staff problems. We are left with only option to implement resolves of the circle conference.
After review of the situation it is decided to commence FAST UNTO DEATH/SETTLEMENT TO THE SATISFACTION w.e.f 29.02.2012 in front of CPMG’s Office, palace Road, Bangalore.
This is for your kind information please.
S.S.MANJUNATH V.PURUSHOTTAM K.C.ANNAPPA
Circle Secretary Gr.C Circle Secretary P-IV Circle Secretary GDS.
Copy to: The Secretary, Dept. of Post, New Delhi, Secretary General, General Secretaries of All India unions, New Delhi, All Office bearers, Divisional Secretaries of Karnataka for information and needful action.