Tuesday, July 26, 2011
SOME LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
● Orders on officiating pay in higher posts – ordered are placed for signing will be released within two days.
● Orders to recommend grant and relief up to 3 days EL to Head Postmasters – will be released tomorrow or day after tomorrow.
● Order to bring staff on Sundays & holidays – orders issued last week itself. Copy could not be obtained today. Will be exhibited after its receipt.
● Revision of Recruitment Rules to Group D – Draft has been approved and will be notified by amendments to recruitment rules.
● Two more chances to appear LGO exam for those exhausted six chances – instead of two more chances, the file has been placed for enhancement of six chances to eight chances. Since the explained the urgency for its implementation in the notified LGO exam, it is assured to released the orders before the end of this month.
● It is informed that the revision of postman recruitment Rules for Postmen will be finalized by considering the number of candidates passed in the proposed postmen examination.
● Orders for dropping the confirmation examination –The draft on orders has been placed for approval.
● Revised Recruitment Rules for Postal Assistants – As per the RR 2002, there are 49 Categories eligible to appear the exam and most of the categories are not in existence. Now the existence of the category is being processed and the recruitment rules will be finalized.
(i) All the outsider candidates' secured 60% marks will be allowed to appear the PA recruitment examination.
(ii) Unfilled LGO vacancies will be thrown open to GDS without any mark condition.
● Revised Recruitment Rules for HSG I – The Staff Selection Commission have raised some queries which have been replied. It is expected that the HSG I Recruitment Rules will be returned from SSC within a week or fortnight, 100% HSG I posts for general line has been already incorporated in the revised recruitment rules.
● Postmaster's cadre Grade III will be filled up regularly only after the approval of HSG-I Recruitment Rules since the seniority to the existing HSG-I Officials on adhoc basis shall be given seniority in the newly formed cadre.
● Appearing PH candidates for IPO exam – now the department has approved for allotment of vacancies for PH candidates in IPO exam and the file will be sent to social welfare Department for information and formal approval.
● MACP fixation on acquiring TBOP/BCR – orders have been issued.
● Cadre Restructuring Committee – we could not meet the concerned Director (SR) informed that it will be convened shortly.
● Separate cadre for PO & RMS Accountants, will be sorted out in the committee.
● We requested to expedite the release of tenure posting conditions imposed on the single handed SPMs.
● Cash handling point to GDS – Proposal for formation of a committee has been initiated to review and implement the decision.
● Protection of TRCA – File has been submitted to Finance (IFW)
● Grant of Special Allowance to all irrespective of MACP I, II, or III – the IFW sought linking of old files and files have been submitted for approval.
● Treasury Allowance – File has been submitted to IFW.
● Director (SR) told that he is processing the case of allotment of staff quarter with reference to old orders related to post attached quarters and will finalise the shortly.
In respect of other issues, we could not take follow up action today and will process further after returning from Lucknow Federal Executive (i.e.) on 28.07.2011.
Ms.HILDA ABRAHAM WILL BE OUR NEW CHIEF POSTMASTER GENERAL
Sunday, July 24, 2011
ನೀವು ತಿಳಿದಿರಬೇಕಾದ್ದು-ಮತ್ತೊಂದು ವಿಷಯ
WILL THIS SORRY SORDID AFFAIRS OPEN THE EYES OF POWERS-THAT-BE IN DOP.
News source: Comrade.Srivenkatesh our leader from Chennai
Thursday, July 21, 2011
ನೌಕರರ ಒಗ್ಗಟ್ಟು ತೋರಿದ ಹಾವೇರಿ ವಿಭಾಗದ ಬಂಧುಗಳಿಗೆ ಅಭಿನಂದನೆಗಳು.
ಇತ್ತೀಚಿಗೆ ಅಂದರೆ ೧೫.೦೭.೨೦೧೧ ರಂದು ಹಾವೇರಿ ವಿಭಾಗದ ಮಾಸಿಕ ಸಭೆ ನಡೆಯುತ್ತಿತ್ತು. ಸಭೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭವಾದ ಅರ್ಧ ಘಂಟೆಯೊಳಗಾಗಿ ಅಂಚೆ ಅಧೀಕ್ಷಕರಾದ ಶ್ರೀ ಶಿವರಾಜ ರವರು ತಾವು ತಮ್ಮ ಇಚ್ಚೆಗನುಗುಣವಾಗಿ ಸಭೆ ನಡೆಸುವುದಾಗಿಯೂ ಮತ್ತು ಸಭೆಗೆ ಬಂದಿದ್ದ ಸಂಘದ ಮುಖಂಡರುಗಳಿಗೆ ಅನುಚಿತವಾದ ಪದ ಪ್ರಯೋಗ ಮಾಡಿದರು. ಇದರಿಂದ ಕೆರಳಿದ ಎಲ್ಲ ನೌಕರರು ತೀವ್ರವಾಗಿ ಪ್ರತಿಭಟಿಸಿದರು. ಮಾಸಿಕ ಸಭೆಯನ್ನು ಬಾಯ್ಕಾಟ್ ಮಾಡಲಾಯಿತು. ಮುಖ್ಯ ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮಾಸ್ಟರ್ ಜನರಲ್ ರವರಿಗೆ ತಂತಿ ಕಳುಹಿಸಲಾಯಿತು.
ಈ ಪ್ರತಿಭಟನೆಗೆ ವಿಭಾಗದ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಕಡೆಗಳಿಂದ ಉತ್ತಮ ಪ್ರತಿಕ್ರಿಯೆ ನೌಕರರಿಂದ ಮೂಡಿಬಂತು. ಹಾವೇರಿ ಪ್ರಧಾನ ಅಂಚೆ ಕಚೇರಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ನಡೆದ ಸತತ ಎರಡು ಘಂಟೆಗಳ ಪ್ರತಿಭಟನೆ ನಂತರ ನೌಕರರ ಶಕ್ತಿಗೆ ಅಧಿಕಾರಿವರ್ಗ ಮಣಿಯಲೇ ಬೇಕಾಯ್ತು. ಅಂಚೆ ಅಧೀಕ್ಷಕರು ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕರೆದುರು, ಮಾಧ್ಯಮ (ಈ ಟಿವಿ, ಉದಯ ಟಿ.ವಿ., ಟಿ.ವಿ ೯ ) ದೆದುರು ತನ್ನ ಕ್ಷಮೆ ಯಾಚಿಸಿದರು. ಕೇವಲ ಕ್ಷುಲ್ಲಕ ಕಾರಣಗಳಿಗೆ ರಾಜ ನಿರಾಕರಿಸುವುದು, ನೌಕರರ ವಿರುದ್ದ ಅನುಚಿತ ಪದ ಪ್ರಯೋಗ ಮಾಡುವುದು, ಎಂ, ಎಲ್/ ಸಿ ಸಿ ಎಲ್ ರಜೆಯನ್ನು ಮಹಿಳಾ ಉದ್ಯೋಗಿಗಳಿಗೆ ನಿರಾಕರಿಸುವುದು ಇವೆ ಮುಂತಾದ ರೀತಿಯ ದಬ್ಬಾಳಿಕೆಗೆ ನೌಕರ ವರ್ಗ ರೋಸಿ ಹೋಗಿತ್ತು. ನೌಕರರನ್ನು ಶೋಷಿಸಿದ ಅಧಿಕಾರಿಗೆ ತಕ್ಕ ಬುದ್ದಿಯನ್ನು ಕಲಿಸಿತು
ಹಾವೇರಿ ವಿಭಾಗದ ನೌಕರ ಬಂಧುಗಳಿಗೆ ಅಭಿನಂದನೆಗಳು. ನಿಮ್ಮ ಹೋರಾಟ ಇತರರಿಗೆ ಮಾದರಿಯಾಗಲಿ. ಅಧಿಕಾರಿ ವರ್ಗ ಇನ್ನಾದರೂ ಬುದ್ದಿ ಕಲಿಯಲಿ.
ಪ್ರಾಮಾಣಿಕ ವಾಗಿ ದುಡಿಯುವ ನೌಕರ ಯಾವುದೇ ಹುಚ್ಚಾಟ ಗಳಿಗೆ, ಬೆದರಿಕೆಗೆ, ಬಗ್ಗುವುದಿಲ್ಲ ಎಂಬುದನ್ನು ಹಾವೇರಿ ವಿಭಾಗದ ನೌಕರರು ಇಂದು ತೋರಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಕಾರ್ಯದರ್ಶಿ ಜೆ. ಸಿ ಜಯರಾಮ ನಾಯ್ಕ ಮತ್ತು ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಪದಾದಿಕಾರಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಶಿವಮೊಗ್ಗ ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ತುಂಬು ಹೃದಯದ ಅಭಿನಂದನೆಗಳನ್ನು ಅರ್ಪಿಸುತ್ತದೆ.
Salaried employees — when no return is required?
QUESTION: There has been news item about a new scheme sparing liability for salaried employees with income below Rs.5 lakhs, subject to certain conditions which are not clear for them. Could you clarify the same?
ANSWER: Notification No. 36/2011 dated 23rd June, 2011 would exempt salaried employees, whose income does not exceed Rs.5 lakhs in cases where the only other income for them is by way of interest from savings account not exceeding Rs.10,000. Salaried employees drawing income upto Rs.5 lakhs are likely to have other incomes from deposits other than from savings bank account including income from those classes of investments for which deduction is available under section 80C. Only an extremely limited number of taxpayers would be able to take advantage of the scheme.
It is necessary to bear in mind that for employees to be able to avail the benefit, they have to ensure that there is not only adequate tax deduction at source, but also such tax has been deposited by the employer and so certified in Form 16, which should contain employee’s Permanent Account Number (PAN), details of income, tax deducted at source and deposited to the credit of the Central Government. Tax deduction and deposit should cover the entire tax payable. If there is any claim of refund of over-paid taxes, the need for return is not avoided. For the employees, who have served more than one employer during the year, the scheme would not be applicable.
It is further made clear, that the scheme would have no application, where return is required by a notice for assessment under section 142(1), for reassessment under section 148 or on a searched person under section 153A or on a third party to search, where documents or assets relating to the assessee has been discovered under section 153C.
There was no need to impose so many restrictions, which go against the spirit of the policy announced by the Finance Minister in his Budget Speech. The exemption should have been granted to all salaried employees and senior citizens, who have income from sources other than business or profession or capital gains, upto Rs.5 lakhs as long as adequate tax has been either deducted or paid by way of advance tax, subject, no doubt, to enquiry by the Assessing Officer, when so required. Such a course of action would not only help a large number of small taxpayers, but also reduce the proliferation of paper work in the Income-tax Department.
Courtesy : Hindu 18.7.2011
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
CHANGE IN DESIGNATION OF SORTING POSTMAN-CLARIFICATION.
Please refer to this Directorate's letter of even number dated 04.05.2011 vide which the post of Sorting Postman has been re-designated as Postman and both Postman and Sorting Postman have been given a common generic designation Postman.
2. During the meetings of the Staff Federations with the Secretary (Posts), the Federations have raised following issues in connection with the implementation of the ibid order in the fields:
(i) Circles are either abolishing or redeploying the posts of Sorting Postman. Such posts may be restored.
(ii) All the Postman are being put on the job of Beat Sorting at a time.
3. This is wrong interpretation and implementation of the said order of the Directorate. Nowhere in the order is it mentioned that posts of Sorting Postman are either to be abolished or redeployed and all the Postmen are to be put on the Beat Sorting work at a time. In fact, the order is very lucid that post of Sorting Postman is re-designated as Postman. Therefore, such abolished or redeployed posts of Sorting Postman may be restored immediately. The designation of the existing Sorting Postman may not be changed.
4. Further, in the third para of the aforesaid order, it is indicated that concerned Divisional Head or Sr. Postmaster has to work out the exact requirement of Postmen required for Beat Sorting on the basis of the total number un-registered mail received for delivery as per the existing norms. Hence, concerned authorities in the Division to decide the number of Postmen to be put on the Beat Sorting job on the basis of existing norms. Thus, all the postmen are not to be put on the Beat Sorting work at a time. Rather, each one of them should be assigned the said job on turn-by-turn basis while observing the existing norms.
5. Further, the number of postmen deployed for Beat Sorting should be to ensure that Beat Sorting, is completed one hour before the postmen leave for delivery so that necessary documentations and procedural requirement could be completed, which are necessary for carrying out the delivery effectively.
6. It, is therefore, requested to please look into the issue personally and ensure correct and effective implementation of the Directorate's order dated 04.05.2011.
7. It may please be accorded Top Priority.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
INDIA POST TO LOSE ITS MONOPOLY; GOVT. FORCES COURIER COS TO CHARGE DOUBLE RATES
"Considering the role of couriers in the present economy, opening up the letter mail sector to them will not only accord legitimacy to the private operators but also would be recognition of market reality," said an official in the department privy to the cabinet note. Courier companies are not celebrating, though. They say the transition regime proposed is too harsh and could end up killing the over Rs 7,000-crore domestic industry that engages nearly one million workers and pays Rs 1,200 crore in service tax.
In the run-up to the complete deregulation , the draft bill has proposed to open the express mail segment (EMS) with a "reserve area" of 50 gm for all articles at a price multiple of twice the government EMS rate. That is, a courier firm will have to charge at least Rs 50 for a package weighing up to 50 g, which is twice the Rs 25 charged by India Post for its Speed Post service for a similar package. At present, couriers are allowed in the EMS segment without any restriction or price, making the market fiercely competitive. The reserve area regulation will give India Post time to prepare for a more competitive regime.
"The proposal to have a reserve area for EMS is unfair and will lead to anti-competitive behavior by the postal department," said Vijay Kumar, chief operating officer, Express Industry Council of India . It could lead to the extinction of the courier industry, he said. Introduced in 1986, Speed Post is the only EMS service provided by India Post. The department has strongly defended the proposal to impose a reserve area by citing international examples. Globally, postal deregulation has been in phases and exclusive rights for state-run postal business still exist in many countries. In India, the courier industry has run ahead of the postal laws because it was allowed under the foreign direct investment regime, which allows 100% overseas investment in the business. International courier companies, such as DHL, TNT, FedEx and UPS, secured FIPB approval under the 100% FDI route.
The bill will now recognize them under the postal law, but the proposed transition turns the clock back somewhat by imposing restrictions that did not exist earlier. "Over 60% of the business for small- and medium-sized courier business in India is dependent on document delivery, which is typically within the 50 gm weight segment ," said RK Saboo, deputy managing director, First Fight Couriers. The proposal was retrogade and would force small courier firms to close down, he said.
The private industry is also not enthused by the entry in the normal mail business, or letter mail segment , where the draft bill has fixed a reserve area of Rs 150 gm for all registered couriers at a price multiple of Rs 2 times the postage of letter mail. The industry says India Post service is highly subsidized, which industry says will make it difficult for it to compete. The bill, which is likely to be introduced in the forthcoming monsoon session of Parliament, has also proposed to simplify registration and licensing of couriers without charging any fees. Most large domestic courier companies in the country like DTDC, First Flight and Skypak are all registered with the Registrar of Companies
Source: The Economic Times. July 9, 2011
POST OFFICE SAVINGS ACCOUNTS TO BE TAXED FROM CURRENT FISCAL.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes ( CBDT) has brought out a notification in this regard recently, which stipulates that any interest earned beyond Rs 3,500 (in case of individual accounts) and Rs 7,000 (in case of joint accounts) will be taxable from the running fiscal.
The CBDT-- which is the administrative authority of the Income Tax Department-- has issued the notification to all the tax collection ranges across the country for implementation.
Taxpayers will have to reflect this investment on their income tax returns.
"Taxpayers who now invest in the post office saving accounts schemes will now have to show the interest earned on this scheme while filing their income tax returns. Interest upto Rs 3,500, in case of single accounts and Rs 7,000 in case of joint accounts, is exempted," a senior I-T official said.
The Assessing Officer (AO) will compute the tax on the interest earned, beyond the exemption limit, accordingly, he said.
The current interest rates for Post Office savings deposits is 3.5 per cent per annum.
The minimum investment limit in this scheme is Rs 50 while the maximum limit is Rs one lakh for an individual account and Rs 2 lakh in case of a joint account.
Friday, July 1, 2011
GIST OF THE SETTLEMENT REACHED ON CHARTER OF DEMANDS
Demand No. 1
Drop the Mail Network Optimisation Project (MNOP) and reject the Mckinsey Consultancy’s disastrous recommendations. Withdraw the hub system introduced for processing speed post articles and restore status-quo-ante. Drop the move to introduce hub system for processing of first class mails including registered articles and to close down hundreds of sorting offices. Drop the proposed move to introduce delivery hubs for delivery of articles by withdrawing delivery from all town sub post offices in the urban areas. Stop outsourcing the work of Postal, RMS and MMS functions.
The mail arrangement made in the wake of creation of speed post hubs and which, as represented by the staff side, are causing delay as compared to the position prevailed before, will be reviewed by a committee including the Secretary Generals NFPE and FNPO. As regards first class mails, the question of forming L1 and L2 will be deferred and reviewed along with the staff side by forming a committee.
Stop closure/merger of Post offices including Branch Post offices.
There will be no closure of POs. If any merger/closure becomes necessary, there will be simultaneous relocation and opening of POs.
Cancel the orders changing the designation of Sorting Postman which leads to abolition of hundreds of promotional posts of postmen staff.
Clarificatory orders restoring the earlier position will be issued.. The nomenclature of Sorting Postman will be restored.
Review CRC, EPP and logistics norms.
It will be discussed further
Demand No. 2
Grant status as Central Government Civil Servants to Gramin Dak Sevaks employees for all purposes including service matters, pay scale, increment, allowances, pension, promotion,leave, bonus, trade unions rights and other terminal benefits.
It was not within the competence of Department to take a view for status. Govt. level decision is required.
Scrap the new Recruitment rules for appointment of postmen by 25% outside recruitment which curtails the promotional avenues of GDS and restore the previous Recruitment rules.
In Group ‘D’ Recruitment Rules 75% posts will be earmarked exclusively for GDS. In the absence of casual labourers the remaining 25% will also be filled up with GDS. Regarding 25% allotment for outside recruitment in postmen, it will be reviewed. Till then, no selection from outsiders will be made.
Enhance the bonus ceiling of GDS to 3500/- at par with regular employees.
For Bonus enhanced ceiling, once again it will be taken up with Ministry of Finance.
Withdraw the tightened norms for cash handling, stamp sale, and other norms for assessing the workload of BPMs.
It was agreed to revise the cash handling point from Rs. 20000/- per point to Rs. 10000/- per point. Orders will be issued soon.
Stop reduction of TRCA in case of reduction in workload.
It will be considered to cause full protection of TRCA instead the present ceiling that maximum of the minimum TRCA.
Withdraw the orders restricting compassionate appointment of GDS to 10% of the vacancies.
It was agreed to consider the demand favorably.
Scrap the newly notified “GDS Conduct & Engagement Rules” and restore the previous “GDS Conduct and Employment Rules”.
It was not agreed despite repeated demands made by staff side.
Fill up all GDS Mailmen Posts in RMS.
It will be pursued.
Providing norms for NREGS and till that time the higher rate of incentive may be paid.
It will be considered and question of taking cash handed for TRCA calculation will also be considered .
Demand No. 3
Revise the wages of casual labourers including part-time and contingent employees w.e.f. 1.1.2006 as per Supreme Court orders based on the minimum pay implemented as per Sixth CPC recommendations.
Orders will be expedited first for those casual labourers appointed prior to 01.09.93. For other also action will be expedited in a time bound manner Secretary assured that it will be personally looked in to.
Stop outsourcing the work of casual labourers and contingent employees. Grant temporary Status to all full time casual labourers.
Clarificatory orders already issued. All the full time Casual labourers recruited prior to 01.09.1993 will be accorded temporary status. For others it is not possible as per DOPT orders
Convert part-time into full-time by combination of duties.
Directorate earlier letter No. 45-4/92-SPB I dt. 16.09.92 will be reiterated for making the par time casual labourers who are working for five hours or more.
Grant appointment to part-time casual and contingent employees in vacant GDS posts.
Orders will be reiterated to give preference to part time casual labour in GDS appointments.
Demand No. 4
Immediate revision of OTA & OSA rates.
OSA – It will be finalized at the earliest. Secretary (P) will personally monitor it.
OTA – The Committee of Secretaries constituted to look in to the OTA issue by the Govt. has decided to continue the scheme of OTA for time being without revising the rate of OTA & Ceiling till Performance related incentive schemes are implemented. As such no decision can be taken at Directorate level.
Demand No. 5
Implement the assurances made on 12.07.2010 Strike Settlement and also the JCM Departmental Council Meeting held on 23.08.2010
1. Grant of officiating pay with all benefits to the staff officiating in HSG II, HSG I vacancies.
Orders will be issued shortly.
2. Imparting training to non matriculate Group ‘D’ promoted to Postman/Mail Guard or PA/SA cadre after 1.1.2006 and prior to the implementation of Sixth CPC orders.
Orders have been issued vide No. 1-20/2008-PCC – dt. 15.06.2011.
3. Replacement of Night Halt allowance to Mail overseers with TA/DA
IFW not agreed.
4. Increasing the number of chances to appear LGO examination
Orders will be issued shortly.
5. Removal of minimum cycleable distance for grant of Cycle maintenance allowance to Postmen/MSE Discussed in the Postmen committee meeting on 01.07.2011.
Will be finalised before 31.07.2011
6. Clarification regarding eligibility to appear LGO examination
Clarification will be issued.
7. Counting of Special Allowance for Pay fixation in case of PO & RMS Accountants.
This will be reviewed as per Karnataka High Court decision.
8. Discontinuing the practice of obtaining fidelity/security bond from the employees handling cash.
Decision will be taken soon.
9. Non drawal of HRA to the officiating SPMs working in offices having attached Quarters beyond 90 days by suspending quarters.
Orders have been reiterated vide No. 7-1/2010-Bldg. dt. 16.06.2011.
10. Protection of pay of defunct scale of PO & RMS Accountants who opted for general line under Directorate letter No. 2-22/88-PE I dt. 01.12.92
It will be decided in consultation with Internal Finance Wing.
11. Enhancement of S. B. incentive to all Postal Assistants
Orders have been issued vide SB order No. 10/2011 dt. 21.06.2011.
12. Payment of honorarium for drawal of pension arrears
Orders will be issued.
13. Anomaly in fixation of pay in respect of officials promoted on 1.1.96 under BCR Scheme.
Finance Ministry has again been referred.
14. Dropping of confirmation examination.
This will be done. Orders will be issued.
15. Arbitrary and forcible allotment of Staff Quarters in Rajasthan Circle.
It is agreed to reconsider the earlier decision.
16. Upward revision of conveyance Allowance or bring under TA Rules for journeys beyond 16 kms in case of PRI (P)s.
Orders have been issued vide No. 17-01/2011-PAP dt. 23.06.2011.
17. Non supply of statement of Balance to the officials brought under New Pension scheme 2009.
PAOs are being instructed to complete the physical registration of subscribers and to include the procedure of physical registration of subscribers of NPS in the recruitment process so that the work is not kept pending.
18. Non grant of Special Allowance to unqualified Accountants.
This is under consideration. Will be decided soon.
19. Settlement of incentives and clear pending bills for the work related to Mutual funds.
Orders have been issued that 25% of the revenue earned by the Department on security mutual funds products is distributed to the eligible employees as incentive.
20. Enhancement of Financial powers of LSG, HSG II & HSG I Postmasters.
The IFW raised queries. It will be attended and finalized.
21. Separate budgetary allotment of funds for computer advance to Postmaster/Postal Assistant
Discussion could not be made. It will be discussed further.
22. Fixing norms/Time factors to Postal Stores Depot, circle Stamp Depot & creation of establishment.
This will be taken up after the computerisation of PSD/CSD which is being pursued/Completed.
23. Grant of Road Mileage Allowance to the staff entrusted with the work of clearance of cheques.
Orders have been issued vide letter No. 17-01/2011-PAP- dt. 23.06.2011.
24. Stop harassing staff on contributory factors and causing clear cut guidelines not to impose the provision if not directly responsible.
Suitable instructions have been issued. (We will seek further improvement of the order)
25. Recovery of Alleged over payment of Pay & Allowance to Postman on account of fixation from the officials working in Accounts branch
It required further discussion with DDG(P) & DDG (Estt). It will be held shortly
26. Enhancement of honorarium for RD Premature closures.
This was discussed with MOF on 09.06.2011. MOF agreed to simplify the calculation for RD premature closure.
27. Tenure posting of officials in single & double handed offices – request to withdraw the conditions.
For Himachal Pradesh, this has been relaxed earlier. It was assured to review and cause appropriate orders in consultation with vigilance.
28. Enhancement of honorarium for engaging officials in departmental examinations.
The proposal has been submitted on 01.06.2011 to IFW for consideration. Final decision will be taken soon.
29. Remove the restriction in posting of SPM due to minor penalties/CR entries
This will be considered shortly.
30. Allowing to appear the physically handicapped officials for Departmental exam like IPOs
Orders will be issued.
31. Grant of Fixed Conveyance Allowance to Marketing Executives.
Provision of TA has been reiterated vide letter No. 17-01/2011-PAP
32. Transfer of all HSG-I Posts to General line.
This is accepted and incorporated in the revised Recruitment Rules for HSG I.
33. Payment of honorarium to supervisors & Staff divisional office for RPLI/PLI work.
Separate discussion will be held with CGM (PLI)
34. Providing administrative powers to grant leave to staff by HSG-I Postmasters
Orders will be issued after having one more discussion with staff side.
35. Counting the training period for benefits of promotion under TBOP/BCR Schemes
DDG (P) addressed all Circles to provide the feedback. On receipt it will be considered.
36. Revision of Cash Allowance to the SPMs handling cash in the absence of Treasurer and grant of Treasury allowance to all PAs irrespective of their grant of MACP promotions.
(i) The issue is under examination in consultation with IFW
(ii) Treasury allowance is under examination to all PAs irrespective of their status on grant of MACP.
(iii) The request to reiterate the cash handling Allowance to Treasurers once again due to non drawal is accepted.
Ensure prompt holding of Departmental Council Meetings.
It will be notified. We sought next meeting may be held before the month of August 2011 Secretary (P) agreed.
Demand No. 6
Immediate finalization of Cadre Restructuring proposals including Postal Accounts as assured by the Secretary Department of Posts and its implementation.
Cadre review proposals including the system Administrators will be finalized before 31.08.2011. Committee will be reconstituted with DDG (P) as chairman. For Postal Accounts problems separate meeting was held and the minutes will be issued separately. First sitting up of the Postal Accounts cadre restructuring committee will be held on 05.07.2011.
Demand No. 7
Stop decentralization of Postal Accounts, PLI and RPLI and ensure status-quo. Save DPLI office,Kolkata and ensure job security to the staff, DPLI.
A separate meeting with General Manager (PLI) was held on 01.07.2011. All issues related to PLI/RPLI were discussed. Minutes will be issued separately. There is no decision to decentralize the Postal Accounts work.
Demand No. 8
Expedite the process of filling of all vacant posts in all wings including GDS.
For GDS, a detailed order have been issued vide No. 17-103/2007-GDS dt. 17.02.2011, for MTS, Postman, Mail Guard, action for filling up has been initiated. IPOs are also being recruited through staff selection commission. Postal Accounts also recruitment process already initiated.
Make arrangement to impart training to all newly recruited PAs/SAs.
(i) Induction training to PAs/SAs is imparted in all Six Training Centers in double shifts.
(ii) Six circles are being conducted local induction training.
(iii) Instructions were issued for conducting circle level induction training to PA (SBCO)
(iv) Instructions have been issued for issuing appointment orders to those candidates whose Pre-appointment formalities are completed and for engaging them against suitable posts with regular pay and allowance after imparting in house training at circle level. It will be ensured that this order is implemented in all circles.
2/3 posts for the period up to 2008 kept in skeleton may be redeployed to offices where additional post is justified.
No action could be made as it comes under the purview of Screening Committee.
Demand No. 9
Stop implementation of Postmaster Cadre till finalization of Cadre Restructuring. Ensure 100% filling up of LSG, HSG-II, HSG-I before implementation of Postmasters Cadre, remove the retrograde eligibility conditions for appearing the examination of Grade I and PSS Group B and allow Account line officials also.
(i) Allowing officials opted to PM cadre to appear IPO & Group B exam will be considered positively
(ii) Allowing Accountants officials also be opted for Postmasters cadre will be considered positively.
(ii) Other items will be discussed further.
Demand No. 10
10. Drop the proposed move of ending the services of existing System Administrators by outsourcing the technology work to the outsider agencies. Create the System Administrators Posts as assured with specified norms and other works and make the cadre as a promotional cadre to PA/SA.
This will be considered in the cadre review committee. Formal Proposal will be made before 31.08.2011. Regarding conveyance allowance, order have been issued.
Demand No. 11
Stop combination of beats /double duty, stop harassment of staff insisting 100% impracticable condition for delivery under Project Arrow. Settle the demands raised in the Postmen Committee such as distance factor, number of articles, Grant of Cycle allowance without distance condition, cash payment for uniform and kit items, Supply of good quality uniforms, Revision of norms. Stop imposing unmanageable workload on staff in the name of verificiaton of applications and delivery of Adhar cards to public
A separate meeting was held with Postman representatives & Secretary Generals on 01.07.2011. All the above items were discussed. The committee will finalise all the postmen related issued before 31.07.2011. Formal minutes of the Postmen Committee meeting will be issued separately.
Demand No. 12
Fixing norms for newly assigned works of Multi Tasking Staff.
The issue requires finalization of modalities as the IWS unit is not in existence.
Allow to decline postman promotion for MTS under seniority quota without loosing MACP Promotions and review the recruitment rules of MTS to Postmen / Mail Guards.
No orders can be issued locally on MACP related issues as DOP&T is the competent authority.
Demand No. 13
Grant promotions to Drivers / Artisans at par with other C.G. organizations like Railways/Defence. Higher Pay Scales to charge hand & Drivers.
There is no existence of charge hand at present. Drivers have been considered as a common category and National Anomaly Committee has advised the Department to inform the Court accordingly. As such no decision can be taken at department level.
Demand No. 14
Declare SBCO Staff as Divisional cadre
It will be considered after detailed examination.
Stop harassment of SBCO officials under contributory factors.
Suitable instructions have been issued. (We will seek further improvement of the order)
Complete the Ledger Agreement Work and update the SBCO before launching Core Banking.
As regards completion of ledger agreement work before launching core Banking, detailed instructions have been issued to field units to update the postings and agreement work at the earliest.
Demand No. 15
Fill up all Postal Civil Wing and Electrical Wing posts as per CPWD norms. Creation of one Civil Circle and Electrical and Architectural Division in every Circle. Expedite the Restructuring of Civil Wing Cadres. Restrict the transfer of non-gazetted staff within the concerned Postal Circle only. Retain Head clerk designation instead of Assistant and declare Head clerk as supervisory posts.
A separate meeting for the issues relating civil wing has been held at Directorate on 01.07.2011. Separate minutes will be issued.
Demand No. 16
Ensure full fledge functioning of newly formed Postal Accounts Offices by providing adequate staff strength and accommodation. Rectify the anomaly caused due to promotion of Group ‘D’ official to the cadre of LDC after 2006. Restore the residency period of three years in respect of JA to SA promotion retrospectively w.e.f. 13.12.2006. Grant MACP to those joined in Sorter cadre treating LDC as entry grade as the Sorter grade has been defunct since 2000.
A separate meeting exclusively for the demands related to postal Accounts was held on 30.06.2011. Separate minutes will be issued.
Demand No. 17
Counting of past services rendered by erstwhile RTPs for promotions and MACP
Secretary (P) assured to reexamine the issue.
Demand No. 18
Implement Apex Court Judgement in case of RRR Candidates in true sprit and extend to all approved RRR Candidates awaiting for absorption.
Not agreed despite strong advocation by the staff side. Supreme Courts orders cannot be made applicable to those who are not a party in the case. (The issue will be discussed again)
Demand No. 19
Stop Harassing and victimization of innocent officials under contributory negligence factors. Implement the true spirit of Govt. orders and Volumes and no recovery should be made if the concerned is not directly responsible for the loss sustained to the department.
Orders have been issued by the Directorate. (We will seek further improvement).
Demand No. 20
Stop discrimination towards PO & RMS Accounts Cadre, Create separate cadre and earmark percentage of posts for norm based promotions in the same cadre.
This will be discussed separately by with DDG (P) Shortly
Count Special Allowance for fixation on promotion. The High Court Bangalore decision was handed over.
It was assured to pursue the case once again on the basis of the court decision.
Withdraw the recovery imposed for Postman Pay fixation and drawal of bonus to GDS.
Discussed elaborately. However further discussion will be made with DDG (P) & DDG (Establishment) on this issue separately further.
Restore the date of passing the Accountant examination for according LSG promotions instead date of entry in PA cadre.
Secretary assured to reconsider the issue.
Demand No. 21
Enhance the LR strength on all cadres to the extent of 20% and fill up all vacant LR posts.
As this is a policy issue of all C. G. Employees nothing was decided. It will be discussed further.
Demand No. 22
Ensure prompt grant of Child Care Leave as per the liberalized orders, unnecessary hurdles put forth should be dropped.
Instructions have been issued vide Dte. letter dt. 15.06.2011
Demand No. 23
Review the MACP clarificatory orders and rectify the issues like, non drawal of special allowance on acquiring MACP.
Clarification will be issued applying Special allowance irrespective of MACP I, II & III
Wrong interpretation of IIIrd MACP to departmental promotes only after 30 years,
Detailed discussion could not be made. Will be discussed further.
Counting as double promotions as Group D & Postmen even in the case of promotion to Postman on GDS quota,
Orders have already been issued.
Non counting of training period for MACP,
As per para 9 of MACP orders pre appointment training shall not be taken for MACP.
Ignore all uncommunicated average bench marks for MACP as per Judicial verdict.
All DPS (HQ) will be instructed personally by Secretary (Posts) about the spirit of formation of scrutiny committee to review bench marks and left out cases will be considered.
Ensure prompt holding of DPCs at Circle and Divisional level as per DOP&T latest instructions.
Will be discussed further.
Grant of Grade pay 1900, 2000 with effect from 01.01.2006 to those Group D (MTS) who were given TBOP/BCR before 1.01.2006.
Will be discussed further
Demand No. 24
Stop attack on Union office bearers by misusing Rule 37 transfers and Rule 9 of CCS (CCA) Rules.
Specific incidents are requested. We will detail the cases shortly.
Dispose all Rule 9 (Pension rules) disciplinary cases and review petition cases pending at Directorate years together.
Secretary agreed about the pendency of petitions of Rule 9 cases. She assured to concede our request to form squad of officers to expedite finalization of pending cases expeditiously..
Demand No. 25
Denying the legitimate right of employees to avail holidays & Sundays by compelling them to attend frequent meetings/Melas arranged by the department.
Suitable instructions will be issued to all concerned.
Apart from the above, the following items have also been discussed with Secretary (Post).
1. All Speed Hub work shall be brought under the RMS – It was agreed.
2. Severance amount to GDS promoted as Postman/MTS – Positive action will be taken.
3. Relaxing the condition for appearing PA Exam by GDS – This wile be considered at the time of
finalization of PA Recruitment Rules.
4. Recruitment of PA/SAs for the vacancies of 2011 – It will be expedited.
5. Secretary (P) will meet the Staff Side separately for discussing the left out items relating to Civil wing, Postal Accounts and Administrative staff.
Detailed action taken report on strike Charter of Demands has been supplied to Staff side by the department. We will publish it next issue of our journal. The formal minutes will be exhibited in Web site on 04.07.2011. Formal minutes will contain only the gist of the settlement reached
ಜಿ.ರಾಘವೇಂದ್ರ ಹೆಚ್ ಆರ್, ಈಶ್ವರಪ್ಪ , ಹೆಚ್. ವಿ.ರಾಜ್ ಕುಮಾರ್